This is a good exercise that uses all main muscle groups of the body and also enhances your cardiovascular and respiratory fitness. It strengthens and tones the muscles. Always skip on a level piece of ground so that any strain on the body is evenly distributed through your legs and thighs in order to avoid injury.
HOW TO SKIP
- Keep your back straight and your head facing forward.
- Breathe through your nose.
- Keep the rope turning as smoothly as possible using your wrists and forearms.
- Push off with your toes.
- Bend your knees and jump only so high as to clear the rope, no higher.
- Land lightly on the balls of your feet.
- After five minutes, make the rope go in the opposite direction to ensure all-round benefit.
- Skipping 5-15 minutes every day will get you into shape.
Calories burnt per minute: 4.8
Works on: strengthening chest and buttocks; neck, arm/leg muscles, shoulders, good for posture
Complementary exercises: swimming, walking
This week’s exercise: Interval
Equipment needed: Jump Rope
Try finishing 20 rounds of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds of skipping.
Sum it up together and that’s your 20 minute-easy at home-workout.
SKIP TO GET FIT