Yes, this rumor appears to be true. Similar to Chanel, LV happens to burn leftover goods at the end of the year. If the bags are not sold, they burn them in order to prevent putting a lower price on them. Historically, it’s known that LV does not put its pieces on sale. This is done to sustain an item’s value.
Here are other LV facts you certainly didn’t expect:
- 99% of all “Vuittons” in the world are fake
- In 2004, Louis Vuitton have celebrated its 150th anniversary
- In 1858, the world’s first flat top trunk was created by Louis Vuitton
- ‘Wanamaker’s department’ stores was the first to buy LVs items in 1898
- Vuitton HQ is in Florence, Italy
- Louis Vuitton was born in Jura, France in 1821.
- The “LV” monogram was originally meant to foil counterfeiting attempts
- When the Louis Vuitton Building opened on the Champs-Elysees it was the largest travel-goods store in the world